Insurance and Compliance
Ocean Marine Solutions (OMS) and PGS believe accountability is intrinsic to operational success and the running of a truly professional security operation. As such, all our services are fully integrated with our leading legal, health, safety and environmental experts who have the level of local knowledge and depth of understanding of maritime regulatory legislation to ensure our clients, our consultants and our companies are all fully protected.
The use of on-board privately contracted armed guards offshore Nigeria is prohibited. It is also important to note that the Nigerian Police Force have no jurisdiction outside of the inland waterways, ports and harbours.
As such, the Secure Anchorage Area has no armed guard involvement on-board client vessels.
However, to meet clients’ needs, OMS and PGS retain insurance cover through Lloyds of London that meets BIMCO’s GUARDCON recommended requirements, including:
- Public Liability Cover – $5,000,000
- Products Liability Cover – $5,000,000
- Professional Indemnity Cover – $5,000,000
- Pollution Liability Cover – $5,000,000
- Employers Liability Cover – £10,000,000
- Personal Accident and Medical Repatriation Cover – $400,000